Congrats to the winners of the TLF Spring 2019/4,000 Member Giveway!

Spring Soil test

A place to discuss soil fertility and soil amendments
MPJohnny5
Grass Type: KBB, Fescue, Rye
Lawn Size: 5500
Mower: Honda HRX217VKA

Spring Soil test

Post by MPJohnny5 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:30 am

Hey guys new to the forums but have been following LCN and other youtubers. Started my lawn project last year with an overseeding of JG Black Beauty in the Fall. Used Lesco starter/ Milo and Sta Green Soluble Lime. Here are my results this spring haven’t done anything yet other then sprayed .183 oz/1000 of prodamine with 3 oz/ 1000 of RGS. First mow today and wanted your suggestions of what to do next. Thanks in advance guys!

MPJohnny5
Grass Type: KBB, Fescue, Rye
Lawn Size: 5500
Mower: Honda HRX217VKA

Re: Spring Soil test

Post by MPJohnny5 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:31 am

Dug back to ny notes for last season and here’s more detail on what I did for the overseed...

Sep 21st rent slice seeder,dethatch, mow and bag at 2” applied 1.5 bags Milo, applied 15 lbs JG winter survival, 30 lbs of sta green calcium lime, seeded 25 lbs JG black beauty 5 lbs per 1000 with slice seeder

Wanted to wait to see the new grass come up and not push existing turf and choke out sunlight so then
October 1st put down 36 lbs of Espoma Organic starter fert
20lbs of Lesco starter fert

As stated earlier nothing yet this season other then prodiamine and RGS. Have some Lesco left over was thinking of using to give lawns push of N and P based on the soil test results?