Congrats to the winners of the TLF Spring 2019/4,000 Member Giveway!

Jay12645's Lawn Journal

Cool season member lawn journals
jay12645
Grass Type: KBG, TTTF, PRG
Lawn Size: 25,000
Mower: JD D110

Jay12645's Lawn Journal

Post by jay12645 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:54 am

Starting the journal a little late but I figure i will fill in with whats been done to date. 6A lawn in CT with mostly KBG and some other grasses mixed in.

September 2018: September fall aerate and overseed with Scott's KBG (I know not the best seed, didn't have the seed knowledge then). Used Scotts starter fert at time of seeding. Results were so so. Application of Purely Organic Lawn Food at the end of November for the winter (finding now that this isn't as recommended as it once was...)

WINTER...

4/1/19 - Raked and blew out the whole front yard cleaned up debris. Noticed moss in areas that are not shady.

4/2/19 - Applied Lime @ 24lbs per 1k ph was low and to help with the moss

4/3/19 - Edged the driveway, street and garden begs, trimmed some plants

4/4/19 - Picked up 50# of Urea 46-0-0 to do a spring N push on the new grass and fill in tin areas, wont start these apps until May. This bag should give me two full apps of .5N @ 1lb / k

4/6/19 - Applied Moss out on some of the heavier and shaded moss areas, went a little lighter than the bag recommendation, results were mediocre but looks to have caused stress to some to the moss and killed other areas. Didn't rake this out yet also has a good amount of iron in it which i needed anyway. Pruned shrubs and cleaned out garden beds.

4/7/19 - Sprayed 1 of 2 split apps of Prodiamine 65 WDG at a rate of .2oz per 1K, should give about 2.5-3 months protection. Second app targeted for 6/15. Did a double pass pattern (left to right, top to bottom) using a 3 gallon hand can... ugh exhausting over 20Ksqft 21 gallons of water. Will be purchasing NorthStar Tow-Behind Trailer Boom Broadcast and Spot Sprayer — 21-Gallon. Anyone have experience with this or similar?

4/8/19 - Let mother nature water in the Prodiamine, .7 inches of steady light rain.

4/9/19 - Another .25 inches of rain

4/14/19 - Applied Preen to garden beds, cleared out vegetable garden raised boxes

4/16/19 - Picked up 2 50# bags of Screamin' Green from SiteOne. This will be my first app prior to the spoon-feeding of urea in May, targeting 4/23 for the application followed by two urea apps 1.5-2 weeks apart, then Purely Organic Lawn Food at the end before the heat of summer. Lawn is growing looking for first mow tomorrow since it will rain the rest of the week and the lawn needs to look good fir Easter.

jay12645
Grass Type: KBG, TTTF, PRG
Lawn Size: 25,000
Mower: JD D110

Re: Jay12645's Lawn Journal

Post by jay12645 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:19 pm

4/17/19 - Right front tractor tire was fully deflated, pumped to proper psi and held. Checked all tires looked good. Greased fittings for first use of the year. Adjusted the striping brush to the highest height for now. Mowed the front yard only at 2.5 inches. Some spots were still too low but most got a trim. The back didn’t need it yet and is not as full anyway.