Fungus ID

Cool season grasses like Kentucky Bluegrass, Fescue & Rye
JakeMN
Grass Type: Fescue
Lawn Size: 6000 Sq Ft
Mower: Toro Personal Pace

Fungus ID

Post by JakeMN » Fri May 17, 2019 11:13 pm

Hello! Looking forward to learning quite a bit about my lawn here. Been lurking for a while and learning a lot. Last year, I developed a fungus problem from over watering I am assuming and have not been able to get rid of it. I have attached a few pics below along with an overall pic/health of the yard. Please let me know if you have any ideas or need other pics!

Thanks!
Last edited by JakeMN on Fri May 17, 2019 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tgreen
Grass Type: tf and kbg
Lawn Size: 20k
Mower: 48 turf tracer

Re: Fungus ID

Post by tgreen » Sat May 18, 2019 7:39 pm

I don't see anything to worry about. Did you fertilize in the Fall or Spring? Sounds like you're maybe over-concerned that last year's fungus caused by overwatering is coming back. My guess is last year's fungus was also associated with warmer temps? If so, it's not like last year's fungus permanently screwed up your lawn. What's the deal with the neighbor's lawn across the street? Looks like he has bigger problems than you.

JakeMN
Grass Type: Fescue
Lawn Size: 6000 Sq Ft
Mower: Toro Personal Pace

Post by JakeMN » Tue May 21, 2019 7:32 am

I think you are right! I may be a bit over concerned for sure. I am definitely new to actually caring for my lawn and want to make sure it doesn't get destroyed by a fungus. The neighbors across the street let their house go back to the bank. There grass was close to a foot and a half long with trash scattered throughout -the grass has finally laid down but man does it need some help.

tgreen
Grass Type: tf and kbg
Lawn Size: 20k
Mower: 48 turf tracer

Post by tgreen » Tue May 21, 2019 5:06 pm

JakeMN wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 7:32 am
I think you are right! I may be a bit over concerned for sure. I am definitely new to actually caring for my lawn and want to make sure it doesn't get destroyed by a fungus. The neighbors across the street let their house go back to the bank. There grass was close to a foot and a half long with trash scattered throughout -the grass has finally laid down but man does it need some help.
Oh man, just the neighbor you want. Let us know how it goes, I think it will be fine. Also, just so you know, it looks like you have kentucky bluegrass and tall fescue mix. Your profile says just fescue so wanted to let you know if you didn't already. The line that runs through the middle of the blade is likely KBG